Hand in Hand!
The Heart and Soul
Find a way
Or means to
Return a favour
In love without
External in return
To give and forgive are two of the most important central lessons in the teachings of Jesus, however they are also among the most difficult to live.
Jesus wants you to become a generous person. He wants you to amaze people with your generosity. He wants you to be generous with your time, talents and treasures. But more importantly he wants you to be generous with your praise, encouragement, compassion and patience. He wants generosity to reach into every area of your life so that through you he can love the people in your life.
When we forgive, we share the Love of God with others, but sometimes it is not always that easy. Everybody needs to forgive somebody.
- Who do you need to forgive?
- Who is God inviting you to forgive?
Jesus calls us beyond forgiveness.
“Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you”. (Matthew 5:44)
- Who are your enemies?
- When was the last time you prayed for them?
There can be no peace without forgiveness. Without forgiveness our souls begin to fill with anger, frustration, resentment and anxiety. When we choose not to forgive, we turn our backs on God and the best version of ourselves.
Jesus died for us to save us from the shame. His forgiveness covers everything you can think of or imagine, and more importantly it covers you.
- Don’t cut off communication between you and God. He knows that you sin and that is why he has sent his son. Keep praying.
- Don’t ever imagine that you are beyond God’s help. Nothing could be further from the truth.
- Ask for God’s forgiveness. Don’t let guilt simmer, weighing you down.
- Embrace the new start that God is about to offer you. Remember every day is an opportunity to begin with a clean slate.
Today as we celebrate Jesus’s return to the sacrificial altar let us remember it was his ultimate gift to us and he asked us to “Do this in remembrance of me”.
Gracious and Holy Father,
Give us the wisdom to discover you,
The intelligence to understand you,
The diligence to seek after you,
The patience to wait for you,
Eyes to behold you,
A heart to meditate upon you,
And a life to proclaim you,
Through the power of the Spirit of Jesus,