God loves to hear your voice
“Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances.” (Thessalonians 5:16-18)
Questions to consider:
- What are you most grateful for today?
- When was the last time you turned to God and thanked him?
- When was the last time you asked him for help or guidance?
- When was the last time you turned to him for encouragement?
- When was the last time you simply recognised God was at your side?
Conversations that we have with God tend to be kept alive by the focused time of prayer that we have each day; however, this can be easily neglected and become less frequent. It is impossible to get close to Jesus and stay close to him without developing an intimate daily conversation with him. Spontaneous prayer is a way of doing this that will bring great Joy and comfort and you will find that the best days you will have are the days where you have stayed connected with God throughout the day. The habit of daily prayer will transform you in unimaginable ways. We can survive without prayer, but we cannot thrive without it. We all need to profess our faith in Jesus regularly to keep things in perspective.
- Are you thriving or just surviving?
God yearns to spend time with you each day in prayer.
- Begin your day by thanking God for whatever you are most grateful for.
- Revisit the times in the past few days when you were not the best version of yourself, talk to God about these situations and what you have learnt from them.
- Identify something that you experienced today and explore what God might be trying to say to you through this.
- Ask God to forgive you for any wrong doings.
- Speak with God about how he is inviting you to change your life. So, you can experience the freedom to be the best version of yourself
- Lift up to God anyone you feel is in need. Asking God to bless and guide them.
- Finish by praying the Our Father